(Ps. this is not an academic post, it's more of a journal for my MIL class) DAY 10- 12/13/17 "Language is a source of misunderstanding" -McLuhan,1964 I agree with this statement. Even though the language was created as a medium for humans to understand each other, we cannot deny the fact that it also causes misunderstandings. Language and decoding its meaning is a very complex process because you need to keep in mind various factors such as background, experience etc. These factors can greatly affect how a person deciphers and derives meaning from a message. Thus, a message can have various meanings varying person-to-person. Does the user's own background or experience affect the interpretation of messages? How? The user's background and/or experience does affect the receiver's interpretation of the message because his/her background and experience can greatly influence how a person can perceive and understand the messag...
(Ps. this is not an academic post, it's more of a journal for my MIL class) DAY 2 - 11/8/17 Media and Information Design Framework "Imagine yourself as a journalist, you were tasked to make an article." How did these questions help you as a journalist? As a journalist, an information design framework can be the foundation of the article I am making. I can use it as a guide so that I can make an efficient article that is both easy to understand yet information packed. It can help me improve my article so that it will be easy to the eye and appropriate to my audience. -fin-
Comments
Post a Comment